Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Last of the Blood Bowl/Mordheim Gobbos

These are the last of a team of Goblins and Orcs a friend of mine gave to me to convert into a Mordheim warband and paint for him. The story idea was that they were a Blood Bowl team doing some treasure hunting in the off-season – rather clever of him, I thought. It’s been a LOT of fun. One of these days I’ll have to bust out the crew of the Red Snapper and beat them down…

It’s been a long time in the making. I had enough done for him to field them in the Hero’s Gambit 2004 Tournament. Finished off a few more for 2005 – but he forgot the rest of the team at home in Calgary…. These have since been sitting at the flanks of my painting table gathering dust. It feels good now to finally get these off the painting table. Though I seem to recall there was a limit to the number of goblins you can have in a warband (2 per Orc?) and he may now be over… have to keep my eyes open for some more Blood Bowl Orcies.

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


The goblins are all actual Games Workshop Blood Bowl figures, but the orc is from some other company for some other game… I can’t remember… (Mage Knight…?) I found it in a bargain bin for $1 and thought it would be a perfect coach or trainer for the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment