Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Last Minute Additions

This evening was my Fifth Annual Wargaming Birthday Bash (report on that shortly) over the last two days I sayed up waaaaaaay too late painting like a mad bastard to try and finish up a few last stands – I would of liked to finish just one more… but alas, it was not to be. Still, nineteen figures in two evenings ain’t half bad…

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


First I finished up the last two stands of my Dwarven Shield “Maidens”. Even Amanda had so say “daaaaaaaaamn… they’re UGLY!! I don’t want any more in my army” (She has it in her head I’m going to build her an all HOTT chick army… of course I kind of planted that idea there… so…). These are Ghost Miniatures from Old Glory (which I ordered from warweb.com).


Dwarven Higlanders – the first of six stands worth of these bastards I have…. I’ve been avoiding them. Sure they LOOK cool when they’re done, but they’re a bit of a pain in the ass to paint. Not so bad a some though _ I think I’ll try and finish off another two stands of these this week. They are also Ghost Minis.


Not related to My game night (or even HOTT for that matter) but it’s a cool figure that came in the mail the other day and I happened to paint it up. This is a Games Workshop Imperial Guard Catachan Jungle Fighter for Warhammer 40K.

I’ve been eyeing up (and picking up) some Sci-fi stuff lately. I’d like to do some Savage Worlds skirmishing with it. If I ever had enough I might be able to be talked into actually using it for some one off games of 40K with Mr. Miller. Also been thinking about Future War Commander a bit. Not so much to actually bust out the toys and start painting them again. But I definitely will after the fantasy projects are done in June.

3 comments:

  1. "This evening was my Fifth Annual Wargaming Birthday Bash"


    What a brilliant idea! I foresee a change in my own annual birthday plans this year. Thanks for the idea! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that jungle fighter has some muscles. Yet, there is just no way she could wield either of those weapons effectively (let alone both!). Crazy sculpting those GW guys do!

    And yes, a birthday bash is a great idea. Thus Bob-con 2009 is born (September 13--a Sunday). A good reason to get all of my armies rebased over the summer. I've just posted some blog pics of my first efforts at scenic bases:

    www.edmontonwargamegroup.com click blog

    Bob in Edmonton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey those weapons are probably made out of super light high-tech,synthetic-polymer-something-or-others. Strong as diamond, light as styrofoam....

    Though one would wonder with all that high technology couldn't they make something a little smaller!?

    ReplyDelete