Thursday, April 1, 2010

Tropical British


…or Canadians…!? I got these chaps off Ebay and have no idea who manufactured them. If I had to guess I might say Battle Honours….?

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


Almost a squad... with an officer...


Also got a couple of bonus officers. What’s a squad without three officers?

They may see some action in North Africa… but could also be passed off as Winnipeg Grenadiers (or Royal Rifles of Canada) defending the Island of Hong Kong…

….Or they could turn up anywhere the Tropical U-boat Crew surfaces to cause trouble…

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

I’ve been spending a lot of time rebasing stuff lately… 28mm skirmish stuff to get them all on a uniform sized base… or at least MOST of them…

I’ve also been re-basing a bunch of 15mm WW2 stuff so they all have a common base frontage so I can try out Bruce McFarlane’s HOTT WW2 Variant. It hasen’t been so much work, its only a few things that need rebasing – all the infantry and tanks were already on a 50mm frontage, some of the smaller guns and vehicles were on smaller bases and had to be redone.

I’ve also been eyeing up my 20mm WW2 and Modern stuff… I’ve been considering rebasing them for some time as well… That will be a bigger project and require some thought and decisions as to what size frontage to base then on… more on that later…

I was originally planning to type up a long winded post for this morning explaining how I was going to pack it all in and sell off all my stuff… (it being April fools, and all) but the I decided I’ve got better things to do… Like paint more toys!!

2 comments:

  1. lol @ using your time to paint more figures :) I'd like to say that I did the same, but I couldn't resist this year... Good stuff though man!

    On that topic though, I need you address... I have all those NATO figs packed up and ready to go!

    thanks,
    n.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too damn funny!!!

    Rocketmen....

    I just about peed myself!

    ReplyDelete