Monday, September 3, 2012

MORE WW2/Pulp/Modern Odds and Sods



A few of the things rolling off the workbench in no particular order…

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version):


A couple pulpy characters from Artizan Designs Thrilling Tales line.


A Great War Canadian (British) officer from Wargames Foundry. What is it with British officers and double-barreled shotguns? Were they all that common among the officer set? I have at least one other officer with a double-barreled shotgun that I can think of (like This One that I painted earlier this year from Great War Miniatures). I’m sure I’ve seen others as well…


A Soviet staff officer from West Wind Productions


A modern assassin also from Wargames Foundry


A couple of modern soldiers from The Assault Group. On the left is a British forward observer (same as This One but in Termperate DPM), and the chap on the right is yet another of the SAS armed with MP5s that I tried to do in CADPAT Arid thinking I could pass them off as JTF2…

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

More odds and sods or Great War Cavalry.

I should really do some planning for the final quarter of 2012… I seem to have veered wildly from my original plan of doing the Battle of Queenston Heights this fall… Perhaps I need to only plan 3-6 months in advance. I can’t seem to maintain momentum on projects for longer than that… well… I CAN, and HAVE… but that’s usually been on projects where I was actually getting games in along the way and having a lot of fun. I haven’t been playing games so much lately… so it’s hard to stick with stuff… 

4 comments:

  1. Hello Tim:
    As always, I am impressed at how prolific you are and at what a high standard you can attain in such numbers. I like all these figures, especially the GW chap w shotgun. Maybe it was the preferred weapon of the toff officer class from their leisure time ink the country shooting birds at big estates?
    Cheers,
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike, I was wondering the same thing - it all being a rather good game, wot?

      Delete
  2. I love that you are willing to use different manufacturers in your collections. Just starting to do that myself and I find it rather satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Drew.

      Yeah, I'm not as fussy as some. Sure when you hold some guys up close there can be noticeable differences, but when you have a couple hundred of them marching about the tabletop, no one's going to notice that the rifles in one unit are slightly shorter than the rifles in another... or the shoulder straps are wider on some... or the other variations in this or that...

      I recently had a MAD idea that I'd do an entire brigade (four battalions of 15 figures) of each manufacturer of Great War British (which I'd, of course, be using as Canadians). I have Great War Miniatures and Renegade so far (purchased, not entirely painted...), and have a few Old Glory and Wargames Foundry (but not an entire brigade of each yet) and at some point I'd have to pick up stuff from Brigade Games, Woodbine Design, Irregular, and First Corps (which I only just discovered...). I think that's all the manufacturers that do (later) Great War British in 28mm...? (There is Battle Honors, but I think they only do early war british in service dress caps). The rest of the Corps (12 brigades in total) I'll do with the home cast figures I already have...

      Delete