Thursday, September 19, 2013

40mm 1850 Austrian Cavalry

I painted up a few 40mm 1850 Austrian Cavalry for my friend John who is running a game of Wargaming Nineteenth Century Europe 1815-1878 at ToonCon (I’ll be there, too, helping out and running Force on Force and
Ambush Z)

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version):


These are 40mm 1850 Austrian Cavalry of some sort that were modeled, molded, and cast by my friend John Bertolini.


They are dashing lads. All ready to ride down some retreating Russians!

The sloppy, unfinished.... er... I mean... "Old School" bases look a little out of place on the terrain tile... but what am I going to do? They're for someone else and that's the way he likes them. I suppose the "Old School" way would have just been to take pictures of them on the bare concrete steps.... or on a dirty old piece of carpet. Ah well... 

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

I’ve been a little busy with… other things these last couple weeks. Regularly scheduled activities starting up for fall… renovations… etc… etc… I’m not sure what will be up next? Probably some game reports from ToonCon!

10 comments:

  1. Very nice looking cavalry, great work...dashing, you're right...poor Russians!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very elegant fellows indeed. I do like the painting style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautifully painted figs, absolutely elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those look lovely! They're so flash they seem like they should be French instead of Austrians.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely figures and I personally like the spartan O.S style basing.Will you be posting Tooncon show pictures here?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Thanks everyone!

    Yes, I will be posting pictures of the ToonCon games here. That might not be until Sunday or Monday, however...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, too, think the Old School look is quite smashing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice sculpting by John, nice painting by you!

    The problem though isn't with the plain bases, its with the table. Plop them down on a table painted to match and the bases just disappear leaving the Hussars to gallop spritely over the lea.

    ReplyDelete