Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Bones Shoggoths and a Halfling


Wow… I’ve been slacking off a bit - over TWO WEEKS since my last post!?

A couple odd items this morning – all Reaper Miniatures Bones figures …

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version):


4 Shoggoths – I picked these up to use with Innsmouth Escape - a boardgame from Twilight Creations that I picked up a while ago but only recently got around to sitting down and playing it. In it there are Deep Ones of four different colours (so up to four of your bestest friends can control Deep Ones chasing your hapless hero who is trying to run around Innsmouth and round up some of his/her Miscatonic college buddies before escaping from the wretched city…). Each Deep One player is supposed to be able to summon a Shoggoth – but instead of supplying a miniature for this there is only a cardboard counter… I noticed that there were Shoggoths in the Reaper Miniatures Bones collection… so I picked up four and painted one each in the colours of the four colours of the Deep Ones provided in the game.


While I was at it, I painted a Bones Halfling.


Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Despite not posting much over the last few weeks I haven’t been entirely unproductive! In addition to these figure I also finished up another Battalion for Vimy project (which I will be posting shortly) I also got in one last game of Wargaming Nineteenth Century Europe 1815-1878 with John at his house before he moves out – which I will hopefully get around to posting… soon…? 

4 comments:

  1. The Shoggoths are great- far better than the card counter you get (always felt that they were a let down in the overall production of the game).

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pete. I thought it was odd that they only included card counters for the Shoggoths. I realize they don't need as many of them as the Deep Ones and making additional moulds adds cost... but there's only ONE of the Student-protagonist figure in each box, so...

      Delete
  2. I think I have that Reaper figure...his sword looks a lot like the power sword He-Man carries in the original cartoon. Or are my eyes playing tricks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it could be... Reaper does like to make their weapons impossibly big and cartoony...

      Delete