Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Great War Casualties

Well I think I painted that Medieval Bug out… I’m done with those for the time being – but will definitely be returning to medieval themes come summer. For the next bit I’m going to be concentrating on getting some Great War units painted, aw well as another faction and some more buildings for Song of Shadows and Dust - and perhaps a few other odd and sundry items…

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version):


Great War Canadian Casualty markers from Great War Miniatures.



I’ve painted them with battle patches of the 7th Infantry Brigade, CEF, which all my other Great War Miniatures are part of, though it’s occurred to me that I have no casualty figures from  Brigade Games  and Renegade Miniatures - which make up the 9th and 8th Infantry Brigades, respectively (the other Brigades in the 3rd Division)…



Perhaps these will be used through out the division. In that case I might need MORE! 


Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

An announcement concerning the upcoming 11th Annuan Wargaming Birthday Bash?

Ummmm… The workbench is in a bit of a state of flux as I’ve been trying to clear off stuff I’m not going to get to anytime soon and make space for other stuff… 

8 comments:

  1. Tim the advantage of a cluttered workbench is it leaves no room for dust!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, there's still dust! The figures furthest from the front edge of the workbench always seem to have a bit - which should be a sign that I'm clearly not getting to them as quick as I had intentioned when I pulled them out and out them on the bench!

      Delete
  2. Excellent looking paint work as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've absolutely captured the horror of war with these guys Tim. Your casualties look better than my WW1 not casualties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Baconfat, but I do think the sculptor has to take a fair bit of the credit for that...

      Delete
  4. Excellent job, agree with Baconfat, the horror of war is under our eyes...

    ReplyDelete