Saturday, December 12, 2015

Ultramarines!


A while back when The Boy first showed interest in 40K a friend offered to sell him some Space Marines he’d picked up at a garage sale for $5. Later The Boy realized he wasn’t that interested in Space Marines and was far more interested in ORKS! So I offered to trade the Orks I had for the handful of Space Marines, not really having a plan for them… maybe they could show up as an ally or something…? Or show up as the “cavalry” to save player characters from a desperate situation in a game of Only War… Then they sat in a drawer for a year or so… Then another friend and his sons showed some interest in 40K and the dad was planning a Space Marine force! So I thought I’d paint these up to kind of jump start his small force of Ultramarines…

(and at this point I really hope he’s not regularly reading my blog – as they were meant to be a bit of a surprise…)

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version):


One Tactical Squad of Ultramarines from the 3rd (Battle) Company.

(All of the figures pictured in the picture above are from Games Workshop. They are © and ™ Games Workshop and painted by myself and posted here entirely without their permission.)

Of the remaining marines I got in the lot I think there’s enough for one more tactical squad (of 10) and a Bike Squad (of 3) and a mish-mash of other stuff… I’ll probably paint them up as member of a Chapter of my own design to use as an allied contingent from time to time for giggles…


Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Oh, more of the same, I suppose… There are some vehicles on the workbench (a chimera APC and a Leman Russ tank), but I suppose I should put my nose to the proverbial grindstone and get the last few of the Jungle Fightin’ Imperial Guard types done… 

2 comments:

  1. All those Marines for $5? What a bargain - great paint job, too, Tim. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monty!

      Oh not just these for $5 - there was about 40 in total. Two full tactical squads and a mish-mash of other random assorted marines - Including a captain in Terminator armour... a couple assault marines with Jump Jets... and four bikers (though one bike is missing it's rider.... etc. It was a pretty sweet deal. Bruce is the king of finding good deals at Garage Sales.

      Delete