Sunday, February 11, 2018

The Last (Couple) Weeks Games

I didn't end up posting last week about the previous week's games as we really only got in ONE GAME and there was a complete game report for that.... Here's what went down at our place over the last two weeks or so...

Monday, 29 January 2018 - Warhammer 40,000 (8th Edition)



The Girl's Harlequin Troupe did battle against Finnegan's Ork Mob. If you missed it, you can find the complete game report of that here:

Harlequin's Vs Orks


Friday, 2 February 2018 - Rogue Trader



ON Friday we played another session of Rogue Trader (the Role-Playing Game). This session was more of filling out backgrounds and such for the characters and a brief encounter with the Imperial Commander of Port Wander (which is a bit different from the Port Wander in the books...).


Wednesday, 7 February 2018 - Shadow War: Armageddon



Again, there is a complete game report of this action here:

Shadow War: Armageddon - First Game


Friday, 9 February 2018 - Splendor



I'd originally wanted to get in another game of Shadow War: Armageddon (or two) but no one was feeling up to it - INCLUDING ME! So we played a light, fun game of Splendor. Amanda was feeling sick, and I was just about completely out of it with my headaches - so Amanda told The Girl this might be her night - she's been very sad as she's the only one who hasn't won a game of Speldor so far.



Despite my head... I king of won.... again...



Amanda was... unimpressed... I think Finnegan was next closest to winning, but I think he needed two more turns.


Sunday, 11 February 2018...



I'd set up a game of Shadow War: Armageddon to play with Amanda this morning... but we all slept in, and my head wasn't feeling so good, and then we just ran out of time as the kids had to get out to dance classes, after which they're heading to my folks for supper and they're going to try and figure out Bohnanza and watch some movies while Amanda heads over to Aaron and Emily's to start a Numenera Campaign... I'll be joining in the campaign... when (IF!?) my head ever feels good again!?


In Other News...



I have been working on a second batch of the Cavern Terrain - hoping to put it to good use this weekend when a few friends will be gathering to play and entire -if short - Shadow War Armageddon campaign!



Hopefully I'll find some energy tonight to do a bit more work on these - gooping... If all goes well, they should be done by Tuesday.

For those that are wondering - I finally got the MRI results back and it's NOT A TUMOUR! (or a bleed or clot or anything of that sort going on in my brain). Of course while ruling out some really bad options, it didn't give any definitive answers... There are two further avenues of exploration, but the next test/procedure isn't for two weeks... and in the meantime, the pressure keeps building in my head... GAH!?


Coming Soon to Tim's Miniature Wargaming Blog:

I have a couple of Eldar I've been working on for one more Kill Team option foe Shadow War Armageddon. Expect pics of the Dire Avengers tomorrow or the next day, and some Guardians later in the week. I'll likely also post pics of the new Caverns when they're done, and I DO hope to get in a few more games of SW:A before the weekend, which I hope to do game reports for...

6 comments:

  1. Do they think your high bp issue could be related (i.e. a result of what's happening in your cranium)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, the blood pressure is totally under control. The last time they checked it at the doctor's office it was the lowest it's ever been - at the doctor's office. I check it regularly at home. Well... from time to time.

      Delete
  2. Your cavern terrain is quite impressive!

    Best of luck resolving the headache problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still way more games than me! Caverns coming along nicely, hope you're head is sorted soon!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like some useful cavern pieces coming up! And lots of games played!

    Glad to hear it's NOT A TUMOR! Best wishes with the upcoming tests!

    ReplyDelete